This project is read-only.

Backing Store?

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:00 AM
I haven't looked at the code yet, but what do you guys use for your database? I would love to integrate this with Vista's Windows Contacts. I think it's a natural way to persist the data you're using, plus then it would potentially be available to other programs that display contact data.

Is this still being actively developed in any capacity, or is it now just a sample app?

Thanks,
-Joe
Jul 19, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Hi Joe:

Right now Family.Show uses XML Serialization to load and save the family data. The .family files in the Documents\Family.Show folder are xml files. Integrating with Windows Contacts in Vista sounds like a interesting idea. Take a look at the Load and Save methods in the People class in the FamilyShowLib project. You might be able to change those methods to get what you want.

We're not working on Family.Show right now. But, if there is something you'd like to see in the application, make sure you add it as a new work item so we can track it and people can vote on it.

Thanks,

paul
Jul 19, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Great comment Joe. Another idea we discussed is saving the data to the web so people can work and share data.
--
ralph
Jul 20, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Opened 436 to track. Thanks!