Version 2.0 Bug List

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Thanks for Version 2.0, but there may be some bugs...
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Using fully patched (8/2007) Windows XP Home computer, after installing 2.0 under Administrator account, creating and saving a new .family file, I then logged out and logged back in as XP Home "Limited Account" Family.Show wasn't visible as a program that could be started; neither could I start it by clicking on the .family file.
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:06 PM
When exiting Family Show 2.0, an error was generated and I clicked the "yes, report" option. I hope you folks can fix the problem.
Aug 9, 2007 at 3:46 AM
On XP Home edition w/ SP2, the dates above the "spouse arc" show as 4 boxes instead of the year. I think this is because of a missing or different font.
Sep 20, 2007 at 10:18 PM
On my XP Pro system:
Open a .family file
Edit something
Close Family.Show - it will prompt to save changes
Tell it to save changes - it will prompt for a file name
Cancel the Save dialog
Family.Show will close

Most applications will abort the close request if you cancel the save dialog. If you think you want to go back and make another change and you cancel the dialog you will end up losing all your changes.
Nov 15, 2007 at 2:11 AM
This tool is amazing. I haven't seen something as nice and easy to use, but I'm agree with Matt (Aug 8). There is a missing font on XP install, it shows anonyng squares over the marriage year. Please let us know what Font do we need to add so we can fix it and not having to wait until version 3.0 because I don't see even a response about his little detail.

Nov 15, 2007 at 2:51 AM
Just find it digging on the Family.Show's sources. To fix the marriage date shown as squares, jut copy the Calibrii font set from a macxhine running Windows Vista, and voilà it's done. I have no clue why the install doesn't add that font set in XP.
Thanks for this beautiful tool.
Nov 16, 2007 at 7:20 AM
Bug in stories editor:
1. Input story in many lines
2. Use bullet format to for the lines
3. Save
4. Edit again and Save

Look at story view, the space increase at the beginning at each line. Each time saving will increase the space.