This project is read-only.

family.show with vs2008 and sept blend

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:10 PM
anyone got it workign with vs2008 and blend? I get lots of errors when I compile and in blend, I get lots of errors so I can't edit xaml in design mode.
Nov 15, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Your question implies you have it working in VS2005... Is that the case?
Here are the errors I get when I try to view in Design Mode:
Error 4 Assembly 'FamilyShowLib' was not found. The 'clr-namespace' URI refers to an assembly that is not referenced by the project. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 6 33 FamilyShow
Error 5 Assembly '' was not found. The 'clr-namespace' URI refers to an assembly that is not referenced by the project. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 7 15 FamilyShow
Error 6 The type 'local:DiagramViewer' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 118 12 FamilyShow
Error 7 The type 'local:Details' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 128 10 FamilyShow
Error 8 The type 'local:NewUserControl' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 133 8 FamilyShow
Error 9 The type 'local:Welcome' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 136 8 FamilyShow
Error 10 The type 'local:PersonInfo' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 139 8 FamilyShow
Error 11 The type 'local:FamilyData' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\MainWindow.xaml 142 8 FamilyShow
Error 12 Value 'MainWindow.xaml' cannot be assigned to property 'StartupUri'. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\App.xaml 5 5 FamilyShow
Error 13 Value 'MainWindow.xaml' cannot be assigned to property 'StartupUri'. C:\Visual Studio 2005\Home\familyshow-1107\2.0\FamilyShow\App.xaml 5 5 FamilyShow

Like you, all these errors result in my getting the "Whoops!" page when I try to display the Design view.
Nov 15, 2007 at 1:05 AM
Nevermind...
http://netknowledgenow.com:81/CS/blogs/onmaterialize/archive/2007/01/24/Limited-designer-support-with-WPF-in-Visual-Studio-2005.aspx
This post I think describes it all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

From that site:
"Make sure you put the Window.Resource element above the TextBlock element otherwise your datasource won't exist at the time you are databinding and you will get a null reference exception. Finally, can run the sample and it will execute perfectly. But don't venture into the designer! If you do, you get a nasty error in the error list:

Assembly '' was not found. The 'clr-namespace' URI refers to an assembly that is not referenced by the project.

There is no designer support for declaratively created model object in the current release that I know of. To get designer support for these types of pages, rip out the dynamically created object and change the codebehind to instantiate and object explicitly and bind up the object to the context."

I guess "real coders" don't use the Design View :-)
So now a different interpretation of your question... Is this supposed to be fixed in '08?

Cheers,
Karl
Nov 30, 2007 at 6:22 PM
The WPF Designer in VS2008 RTM is a lot better and definitely works with Family.Show. I added a new directory in the source tree under the "3.0" directory that has been converted to the VS2008 solution and project file format.

Let me know if you still run into any issues with the designer.
Aug 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM

I am running Visual Studio 2008 RTM and I am getting designer errors as well. Has anyone got to work.

What about importing into Expression. Have you been able to do that?