Visual Studio 2010 Version

Apr 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I'm looking for a WPF example using Visual Studio 2010.  I tried to convert the VS2008 version of FamilyShow but didn't have much success.  There were many errors that I couldn't figure out.

Is there going to be a VS2010 version of the FamilyShow code posted?

May 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I would also love to see a VS2010 version! Tried to convert the project too and there were too many errors to solve on my own

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Here is what I did....

1. First make sure to remove the readonly flag on the files (right-click) familyshow 3.0 folder.  Uncheck the Read-only flag... etc.
  2. Just right-click on the solution, open with VS2010.  It will ask to convert to 2010... Just click finish... It will back it up to a folder for you..
  3. Remove the FamilyShowLib reference from FamilyShow
  4. Right-click properties of the FamilyShowLib project, make sure the target framework is 3.0 / mine defaulted to 2.0.
    1. If you're having problems with the PresentationCore or WindowsBase reference you may have to remove them and then go to C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\ folder and map them manually.
  5. Build the FamilyShowLib.
  6. Add the FamilyShowLib reference back to the FamilyShow

Should be good to go.  If not, then just throw your computer away. :P

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

kafloom is basically correct, although the target framework should be 3.5, not 3.0. As per the release notes/changes file. 

Although I did not do the steps of removing/restoring the FamilyShowLib reference, I merely changed the target framework for the projects.