RESTful MVC4/WebApi port?

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Has there been any talk on porting this project to a WebApi implementation. Implementing a MVC4 webapi for manipulating family tree and supporting import/export to GedCom. This could open a way for people to cooperate in building a family tree. a nice RESTful api would be cool, what do you think?

Also there could be a web application on top of this along with a downloadable WPF application (if desired) and of course one could see a future of a Windows Phone application and others.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hi, bjorgvin -

If you look back through the discussions history, I believe you'll find a number of requests for a web solution. If you're interested in seeing such an implementation, you'll have to do it.

I'm not a web developer, so my own progress has been slow; my current research focus is on a "viewer" - read-only solution using SVG or HTML5. I'd be happy to provide any technical advice on the project code as it exists today, and tons of encouragement! Note that I am not "official", merely someone trying to nudge this project along in my spare time.

notonyournelly