How to add dates B.C.?

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Is there a way to add a date that is B.C.?  Or should I make that a feature request?

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 8:58 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've had this feature request. Are you descended from the Emperor Augustus? :-)

Fascinated to hear more about how you're using this - it's certainly something we could consider...
Feb 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM
I've been inputting genealogical data from the Old Testament (yep, starting with Adam!).  I've found it's a really quick way to build a tree that covers thousands of years.  

I noticed that the lowest year I could start with in Family.Show was 2 A.D., though editing the GEDCOM file allowed me to get to 1 A.D.  I'd really like to be able to start with Year 0, if at all possible. 

When I originally asked this question, I figured that having the option of B.C. dates would get me past the 1 A.D. obstacle, but in thinking it through more, it would be easier for data entry if there were an option to remove the current year limit.  That way I could start at 0 and go forward, instead of working backwards through time.  The problem I'm up against is that when I start the tree with 1 A.D. and can only go to the current year (2009), I can't get past the generation of Noah.  I can input the date of birth and date of death, but the age calculation doesn't work, as it will only calculate age up to the current year.

I've been trying to learn a bit about C# in order to remove the current year limit.  I thought if I tweaked the code in the DiagramLogic.cs file, that would do it.  But I haven't had any luck as of yet...