This project is read-only.

Can this be hosted live? like on facebook?

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Hi their,

Just thinking loud here, but can we be able to host this application online like on facebook, personal hosting or something?

I see on facebook that their is a application called familybuilder.com but it is no way closer to what Family.Show is like.

I downloaded twice the source code for Family.Show 2.0 as well as 3.0 but I am just not sure enough as to where to make the change as the dot

Did any one else had the similar thought?

Wasay
Apr 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM
yeah, can we able to decode/transform the application into web-based application ? and host it in personal hosting ? I was build a website for my big family, and now I am searching design for my family tree. I have been searching over internet, and I found this sample, and I think this application is very best ever for family tree. Anybody can help me ?
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 10:12 PM
WPF applications can be made into a browser application so I tried to make a viewer which you can use through a webpage.  I had sucess at getting a viewer to work, however, it's not possible to get this to run on the web as a true browser application due to certificate, trust and security issues.  You can run the thing in debug mode, locally, but on the internet, it won't work.

Silverlight is also a no go area as Silverlight does not include all the required resources that Family Show needs to run such as System.IO.Package.  Even the new 3.0 Beta version doesn't support packages.  Silverlight is a subset of WPF so generally you can convert Silverlight to WPF but not so easily the other way around!  Silverlight would be a possibility if you rewrote the the program bearing in mind Silverlights more limited feature set.

I'm not an professional so I expect a business/company could probably do something about the signing and certificates but for me, I'm afraid I'll have to give up.

elyoh

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Hi.

I have a problem with Family Show i have download the program and are almost finish it, but when i want to put some information’s in story’s

and press save I get a messages that the program has  found  one  error and the program close down, and when I open the program again the story are empty, can somebody help

What mistake have I don wrong  

rgds. Tonny Frank