Adding additional skins

Developer
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM
I'm trying to add an additional skin using Expression Blend.

In the skins folder, I added a new folder called NewSkin and a file called NewSkinResources.xaml.

I then replaced the contents of the NewSkinResources.xaml with that in the BlackResources.xaml file.

However, when I compile, it gives an error for all the  references which begin <local:  ... />
e.g. <local:PrimaryAvatarConverter x:Key="PrimaryAvatarConverter" />

Yet if I make my changes to BlackResources.xaml or SilverResources.xaml, it works fine!

It seems strange that Black and Silver seem to work fine yet changing either of these to NewSkin causes massive problems!

Anybody know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Haven't tried it, but it should work.  Do a search for black and silver to see all references to it.  Also, make sure you are adding your files to the resources folder in Visual Studio.
Developer
Mar 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
I compiled in VS instead of Blend and at first got the the same error.  However VS gives you the option to change the "Build Action" of the .xaml theme file.  I changed it to "Content" rather than "Compile" and it worked!  Thanks for pointing me in the right dircetion.
Mar 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM
No problem.  I actually remember seeing that when checking out the build options.  Haven't used Blend and don't like mixing and matching when I'm unfamiliar with both apps.