There is an unsaved comment in progress. You will lose your changes if you continue. Are you sure you want to reopen the work item?
Crash when opening .family in version 3.0
Great to see a new version of the Family.Show application. Thanks.
Yesterday I tried to open the application from several machines using the ClickOnce approach. When I try to open my version 2.0 .family file with about 280 persons it seems to be executed succesfully, however, no persons are selected as default. When I then
try to select a person, the application crashes.
I have checked out the source code in order to track down the problems. When I debug through the application the family is loaded succesfully - it seems - but when I select a person the application crashes. The selected persons references to other people are
null, that is the collections holding the references are initialized with the correct number of relatives, however the entries are null (see attached screen dump).
It is worth noticing that I am on a XP machine SP3. Moreover I am from Denmark where we use the odd characters æ. ø and å. However, also persons without these letters fails to load. I am not too skilled in serializing and deserializing XML, but perhaps the
problem is related to this. Not sure.