This project is read-only.

Third Level Menus?

Jan 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Does anyone know how to get a third level menu to display properly? When adding a new <MenuItem> under a sub-menu, the sub-menu will display the arrow properly, and the new menu will display, however it does not have any of the proper styling. I am not sure if the parent sub-menu needs a special style applied to it, or if it is a bug, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob
Aug 10, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Hello bobwiller

I'm Spanish, sorry by my bad English.

I have same problem.

Have do you solved this issue ?
Aug 11, 2008 at 5:26 AM

Hello Bob,

Did you try applying the menu style and other properties found at the root of the Menu:

<

Menu VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Margin="5,0,0,0" Style="{DynamicResource MenuStyle}">.

Alcide

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:30 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Hello Alcide.

I tried it and don't work.

If you try to add a third level menu you will see this problem.

Can anyone help me ?
Aug 12, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Hello Bob,

Could you add your XAML to your message. Just the menu item along with the Style Resource info. That may help us understand your problem. I am meeting with some concerned folks Wednesday night, so I hope to present your issue there.
Also, you may want to post to a MSDN forum.

Thanks,

Alcide

Aug 12, 2008 at 7:04 PM
Hello.

This is my XAML:

<!-- Menu Area -->
    <Border x:Name="MenuBorder" VerticalAlignment="Top" DockPanel.Dock="Top" Margin="0,5,0,5">
      <Menu VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Margin="5,0,0,0" Style="{DynamicResource MenuStyle}">
        <MenuItem Header="_New" x:Name="NewMenu" Command="New" Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}"/>
        <MenuItem Header="_Open" x:Name="OpenMenu" Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}"/>
        <MenuItem Header="_Save" x:Name="SaveMenu" Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}">
          <MenuItem Header="Save" Command="Save"/>
          <MenuItem Header="Save As..." Command="SaveAs"/>
          <MenuItem Header="Save to XPS..." Command="local:MainWindow.ExportXpsCommand"/>
        </MenuItem>
        <MenuItem Header="_GEDCOM" x:Name="GedcomMenu" Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}">
          <MenuItem Header="Import..." Command="local:MainWindow.ImportGedcomCommand" />
          <MenuItem Header="Export..." Command="local:MainWindow.ExportGedcomCommand" />
          <MenuItem Header="What is GEDCOM?" Command="local:MainWindow.WhatIsGedcomCommand" />
          <MenuItem Header="Test..." Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}">
               <MenuItem Header="Hello"/>
          </MenuItem>
        </MenuItem>
        <MenuItem Header="S_kins" x:Name="SkinsMenu" Style="{DynamicResource MenuItemStyle}"/>
      </Menu>
    </Border>