This project is read-only.

Version 4.0 or v4 release?

May 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Hi,

When will the version 4.0 will be released?

Any update on this project?

Thanks,
Wasay

May 18, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Version 4.0 was relesead some months ago. In fact the actual release from Coldplay is v4.5.

The next release, if any, will be v5.0.

Please serch the site.

Cheers

Diamantino

May 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Edited May 18, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Assuming a source code tab check-in counts as a 'release'...? Probably not IMO.

May 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Source-code check-ins are not releases. Took me a second to realize what ColdPlay referred to.

May 22, 2010 at 4:48 AM
dsazevedo wrote:

Version 4.0 was relesead some months ago. In fact the actual release from Coldplay is v4.5.

The next release, if any, will be v5.0.

Please serch the site.

Cheers

Diamantino

I don't mean to sound ignorant but when was version 4.0 released? When I go to the Downloads tab, the latest release I see is version 3.0. Am I missing something?

And what is Coldplay?

May 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Hi!

There is no ignorance involved… we are just messing with a “strange” way of doing things… no site offence intended…

This project is a kind off on its own and consequently things lay off “perimeter” very easily, so been overtaken by a “new” version is common if don’t look, “hard way” off course, every “where”.

Another new thing is, as McBainUK point out, if there is a new version whenever someone publishes a new line of code. I tend to agree. Unless it’s says “v4.5” on it…

So, if anyone of you folks, suggest functionality, add some lines of code, state any missing behavior, or whatever, I would consider it as my own, some lines of code, a bunch of ideas and no more than a suggestion.

But, if it’s something comes in full from Codeplay’s hard coders and is lying on its site “ready to be used” and is numbered, has all the points to be considered a new version. But, of course, it’s only IMHO.

Again, it’s a time waste to be here considering if it is or it’s not. Is there, try it and call it whatever you want. And is a really goooooooooooooooood improvement. A big one. Just compile and use it.

Here the link, to the so called v.4,5: http://familyshow.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/51712

And, Coldplay guys, thanks!

Diamantino

May 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Just to clear up some things:

• Version 3.0 is the release version.  
  • Version 4.0 is anticipated to be the next release.  (I do not know if or when this will be available)

A Release is compiled source i.e. ready to use software which does not require any compiler such as Visual Studio to build and run.

A preview of the anticipated next release was made available as a Source Code Drop on the Source Code tab.  This was Change Set  51712 and carries a label of version "4.5".  This version label has absolutely no meaning. Change Set 51712 was to form the basis of the next release after some code refactoring.   As far as I know, work on this next release version concluded in March but its down to the guys at Microsoft to finalise and make available a stable release. 

If a future release version is made available, rest assured an announcement will be made on the Home page and a new download will be available on the Downloads tab.

Kind regards

elyoh

May 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Well, when will be some SVN update  for me to continue to try,.

I have a 100K & 500K Database to test

51712 was not working for me

May 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hi!

Tkx Elyoh for the clarification and the news

Change set "51712", (v4,5 for me) needs to be compiled. But it only compiles in VB2008, no other Vb release works, at least for me. Maybe it’s the case, EINAR.

The so called v4,5, is far better, much better then V3. More stable, more featured and speeder. Even being a "Change set" make the difference between using it and using another program.

Bye

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Now that Expression Studio 4 and .NET 4.0 are both out now, I would imagine that if Microsoft was ever going to release version 4.0 of this application, it will happen very soon, as it is supposed to be an example application for these technologies.