This project is read-only.

How do I remove THIS application?

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:20 AM
Family.Show has installed itself and appears to be running from here:

C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\20Q3WACJ.ZE8\NOHZT6M0.Y1M\fami..tion_582f955552213d30_0003.0000_8fc76fe0aaecd113

My computer is used by other members of my family who each have a separate profile. Yet this app installs itself as above in my profile. Does that mean that if anyone else wants  to use this it will install again in their profile or worse will it give other profiles access to my profile?

I am personally against any application that installs itself wherever its developers please. I prefer accessing all applications from either the Desktop or Quick Launch Toolbar from a directory I designate.

For instance on my data drive D: I install allinternet applications like

Firefox, Opera, Web Editors, downloaders etc - in D:\Internet
Graphic and drawing apps and the like              - D:\Grafix
DVD Burning & ripping, players, Movie tools    - D:\DVD
All development stuff goes into                          - D:\DEV and then into other subdirectories.
Utilitys                                                               - D:\Utils
etc.  You get the picture.

I never install anything into my Program Files directory or on the C drive

Secondly this installation forces me to use the hated Start Menu. There is no Desktop shortcut nor a Quick Launch one.

To add insult to injury, I loaded the Windsor.Family that comes with it and on clicking any name, the app just crashes. Everytime.

How may I remove this from my computer, as I am totally against any app that installs itself wherever it pleases and also crashes every time?

Thank You.
Mar 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Hi,

You should be able to uninstall the application from control panel "Add/Remove Programs". 
As for as issues with directory structure, you should report them in the Issue tracker that way the developer might be able to track down the issue and publish a patch for your problem.

Before uninstalling make sure none of your family memebers were the once who installed this application and have worked hard to build a family tree list and than they only find out that you uninstalled or deleted it.

And for this app installing itself well that's the first I heard something like this, you should ask all the people who have access to the computer if they installed it, if not than it seems machines are taking over :)

~Wasay